There are a variety of ways to make sure you never have a bad photo taken again! And unfortunately, once you reach a certain age, it can be difficult to have a good photo taken …
1. Try not to be part of a “happy snap”. There is nothing worse than looking at yourself au naturel in a candid, family shot. Stay in control of who and where you are being photographed
2. Put one hand on your hip. (If you pay attention, you’ll see most celebrities pose this way) The hand on the hip will also remind you to keep your shoulders back and not slouch. And if you happen to be wearing a loose dress or top, it will help define your waist.
Remember keep your fingers together so you don’t have jazz hands.
3. If you’re standing, always face the camera and turn your body at an angle; one leg slightly in front of the other, feet pointed slightly outward. This will make you look taller and thinner.
Please do not stand with your legs apart … ugh!
4. If you’re sitting down and someone wants to take your photo, turn your face at a slight angle and stick out your chin. This will make your cheekbones look higher and your jaw look sharper. This is a particularly good pose if you have more than one chin!
5. If you have been smiling for so long you’ve acquired the glassy-eyed stare, just close your eyes for a few seconds (lightly) or look down and then up at the camera
And SMILE! Nothing is more attractive or sexy than an authentic, from-the-heart smile.